Monday 18 February 2013

Two brief dreams

Regal has a PE:

In this dream I am at a stranger's house. There's a metal fence out the front framing a grassy front yard. I walk up the few steps leading to the front door, press the doorbell and wait. A lady comes to the door, and Regal comes rushing past her and out onto the porch. He dashes around madly, just like he usually does when he is very excited. But he doesn't seem to recognise me or respond to me.

"This is your dog?" The lady asks me.
 "Yes, but he's not usually like this." I try to round him up and hold onto his collar but he manages to escape again.
"He's totally mad and he just bit me!" She shows me some welts that don't look like dog bites, but nevertheless she seems very angry.

I finally catch Regal and see that his gaze is altered. His eyes are flickering left and right as if he has some sort of seizure disorder.

"We need to take him to the council and get him put down". The lady drones in an annoying American-ish voice.
"He clearly has an organic cause for his behaviour, he's delirious not psychotic!"
"All right, I guess we can take him to the vet before the pound." She reluctantly agrees.

The next scene I'm within a doggy ICU where there are lots of dogs lying limply attached to towers of monitoring and infusion pumps. I walk up to Regal and look at the monitor.

He has a Swan-Ganz catheter and I can see he has low cardiac output with extremely high PA pressures (like 80/50) and low systemic pressures. He is completely motionless as I stroke his head.

Poor Regal, I think in my dream, how does having a PE cause agitated delirium? He must have been so hypoxic, the poor little thing...

Then I wake up.


=========
The train from Christophorus cake shop:

 I am at a train station which I do not recognise. I stand in front of a whole row of ticket machines and I am with another person I do not know. We are not sure what tickets we need to be buying, so we go to the window and ask the man where "the performance" is.

He gives us two tickets which are different. One goes to Croydon, and the other one goes to Ryde. The originating station is the same though, Christophorus cake shop.

We go down many sets of escalators before we reach the platforms. There are many platforms as if we were in Shinjuku, but the whole place is old and decrepit, as if it was some sort of war-time bomb bunker.

We get on a train and as it pulls out I realise that the station we were at was Central. Soon we get to Redfern, and the surroundings appear familiar again. When we get to Ashfield I realise we have to get out there, but the train keeps going till we are in Burwood.

Once we get out of the train my silent companion suddenly says "Hurry, we have to get to the performance soon or we will be late."

We start running down the street and eventually we get to the theatre. We rush in and it is totally packed, so we go to the back and sit somewhere very high up. The actors are just about to enter the stage and I can see the first two people - a voluptuous lady in a red silk dress, and one of the nurses from RPA (a balding Chinese man with a wispy goatee). I thought they made an interesting combination and wonder what the play will be about.

Then suddenly I see Hsiang sitting in the front row and all of a sudden I'm really interested to see who he might be watching the play with. I crane my neck to see who is sitting with him and just at that moment, the lights switch off and I can see nothing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment