Sunday 9 July 2017

Dream: admission to a tropical asylum

In this dream I am driving with P - we have spent some time on the road together and it feels exactly like how we usually are, relaxed and idly chatting.

We pull up in a grand circular driveway with a big mansion which looks like the reception of a hotel. He goes to park the car while I go inside to check in. There's a man and a woman at the desk and they seem to be a couple. There are quite a few other people around and it seems busy.

I look out the window over a beautiful calm azure sea in the distance. Tropical trees sway gently in the wind and everything feels relaxed. A hint of frangipani drifts in through the open window and I savour the scent.

Soon it's my turn and the lady takes my details. She tells me there are no keys here, just a bracelet that you wear. She opens an old school cash register (the ones with the big buttons that go ding when you close them) and takes out a bracelet, writing my name on it carefully and making another one for P.

The man comes over and says, you'll be on the ground floor facing the sea. The view is nice but the flat is old and dusty. Sorry but it's the only one we had in the lockup area.

Lockup area? I'm suddenly alarmed. I realise the man is carrying two hospital towels for us, and all around us the other guests (asylum inpatients) also carry the same white towels with blue print.. around their shoulders, over their swimmers..

I run out and try to find P but he is far in the distance next to the sea. Before I catch up to him, I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment