Sunday 29 October 2017

Green cake puzzles

I was in a semi-detached 3-level home in which my bedroom was on the third floor, at the back of the house. The room had high ceilings.

I found myself sitting on the floor in a sitting room on the second floor, in front of a large screen, but I wasn't watching it. In front of me was a puzzle with many green shades, but the pieces weren't at all like any traditional puzzle pieces.

I couldn't sort out the puzzle at all. Then, there was a group of people. The people were of all ages and they walked up the stairs to the second floor, and kept walking past the sitting room, filing behind me, silently. I couldn't see where they moved toward, but it seemed the queue went beyond the confines of the home.

As the people filed by, I noticed I wasn't sitting on the floor. I was sitting on an armchair in the same sitting room and still sorting out the puzzle, but it was more difficult because I was sitting too far from the pieces on the floor.

A man, dark shadowed face, tall, and scary, someone I'd never met, came up behind my chair and kissed me. He asked if I had been to California recently, but he knew I hadn't, so he told me to go to his room. It was understood without words that I would know where to find him and that I would have to face more of where the kiss came from. I stayed, frozen, in the armchair.

And then I was on the third floor, in the bedroom, terrified of the man coming to get me and attempt to be with me. And then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment