Tuesday 30 June 2015

Dream: a skiing disaster

This dream starts in a non descript carpark where I am trying to park the car. It's quite dark and I'm parking in between two poles. As I inch forward I hear a sickening screech and realise that I've scratched the left side of the car. I reverse the car slightly and inch forward again. Another horrible noise comes from the right side of the car and I realise with a horrible feeling in my stomach that I have scratched both sides.

I feel irritated and resolve not to look at the damage when I get out of the car. what's the point of looking anyway? I tell myself. What's done is done.

I get out and walk quickly to the lift. I can't remember what level I choose but I emerge into a bright airy space full of windows. Outside is a busy ski field and I seem to be standing in the ski house.

I look down and see myself wearing summer clothes. Unable to go outside, I go towards a tunnel towards the side which is also lined with large windows.

I look out at the people skiing, chatting and laughing. There are lots of families there with little kids everywhere. I look up and see planes in the distance - it's eerily quiet in the tunnel and I can't hear anything of the outside world.

I watch the planes as they come closer as if to land nearby. They descend closer and it seems as if they are going to plow into the ski field. There are several planes of different sizes and the smallest of them, a 6 seater, seems closest to the ground. 

Everyone seems oblivious to this. I move to another window to see if I can get a clearer view of the planes' descent. Then I see a large mahogany desk in the middle of the tunnel. Nothing is on the desk aside from a bronze plaque labeled "Jason Chapman, Daily Mail". 

I realise with a start that very soon there will be a disaster and Jason is going to cover the story. How do I stop the plane from crashing into the people?

I panic and wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment