Friday 21 July 2017

Sydney interlude dreams

At a yard sale 

In this dream I'm driving around in Nightcliff when I see a sign for a yard sale. I get to the house where racks are set out quite neatly on the lawn. I browse through some dresses and notice that many people are milling around.

The lady who is running the yard sale comes up and asks if I could help mind her sale for a while. I protest that I don't know the prices of anything and she tells me just to collect the money and not to worry.

She leaves and I take up her chair at the front of the sale. I sit there for a while watching everyone buy things.. then I hear some strange sound coming from the front room. It's almost like a baby crying.. or maybe a cat?

I try to ignore the sound but it seems to be getting louder. After a while I decide I have to go and check it out. Ducking inside the front door, it is cool and quiet inside. I go to the room where I had heard the noise and find a room full of clutter. The sound is coming from underneath an old bed frame and when I look under it I see a dead body, of an older man staring lifelessly at me.

I scream and wake up.

Lugu lake 
In this dream I am walking along a lakeshore. The wind is bitterly cold and I must look down to maintain my balance in the wind. I look around and it appears that I am in Lugu lake, the characteristic mountain range surrounding a clear azure body of water.

After a while I get into the water and relish the warmth. I realise that it must be a geothermal lake (though I know the real Lugu lake is not). It's so warm in the lake that I don't want to get out into the freezing cold again. I paddle slowly along the edge of the lake until I see a small village. Here I see a guesthouse named "Terra Villa" and decide to get out.

I bump into my friend C who says that we must look for accommodation for all of us, including her ex boyfriend R who has become lost. I go with her to the reception area where the lady says there are no beds left. We ask her to consider again and she says the only room she can show us is very run down.

We take the keys from her and find the ramshackle building. The room is upstairs and as soon as we open the door we realise it's a communal bathroom with old stalls on one side. The doors are dirty and the walls stripey with grime. There are a few mattresses thrown on the ground and the whole place feels desperate.

This won't do, I think, and wake up.


(There are two other dreams that are now lost. One had a shooting incident in a tunnel and the other featured an amazing mushroom that smelt of pine forest when it was cut open)


No comments:

Post a Comment