Monday 24 January 2011

First crazy dream in Darwin

Well, the insane dreams never stop, this is the first one since arriving in Darwin.

So I'm standing out on Shoalhaven St just in front of the hospital, and get in my car to go back to my Nowra house. Suddenly I receive a phone call from Bec going "Where are you? Rodney's coming around to sell our house, and I need you here for moral support!"

So I hop in the car and start driving down the street, and soon I realise there are different signs up now, and I thought "that's weird, they've changed all the signs since I was at work today". One sign was a picture of kangaroos like the ones in the bush, and another one was of potholes. The landscape was different too, much like the flat terrain outside Coober Pedy (so called "Moon plains").

In the middle of the desert stood our good old Nowra house, as if all the other houses around it just disappeared. I go inside and Rodney's dressed up in a suit showing a tiny little Asian girl around the house. He says to her "this is the closest accommodation to the hospital, only 10km walk!". She doesn't look impressed as she looks inside our bedrooms.

Then she goes into the kitchen and exclaims "he..llllloo handsome!" and I thought "handsome? there's no-one handsome in our house!" It turns out Baz is making spring rolls in our kitchen, and is rummaging in our cupboards for a pot to fry them in. I said to Baz "you can't pour that much oil into a wok, it'll explode!" and he said "oh well, then we can all just have coffee for dinner".

The little Asian girl says "I'll make the coffee!" and takes out a giant stainless steel coffee machine from under the microwave, which obviously doesn't exist in real life. As she turns on the coffee machine, cream comes out of the drip part, followed by a few raspberries which plop into the cream.

Then she turns to me, presents me the plate with cream and raspberries in it, and says, "I saw this patient today, he had an erosion off his R main bronchus from some food he inhaled, so the moral of the story is that we should all stay on fluids and have no solids coz it could go down the wrong way!"

As I thought "huh?" in the dream, I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment