Monday 21 November 2011

Dream: Johanna and the LV store

In this dream Johanna and I are a bit older, perhaps about 40. We are at a party where there are about 20 people and I don't recognise any of them except her, so naturally we start talking. She is wearing a pink striped shirt, much like the one I have hanging in my wardrobe right now, black pants and red heels. We are talking pretty excitedly about how I recently got married, and she berates me for never having introduced him to her.

"So here he is!" I turn around in the dream and see this short obese man, basically a conical Christmas tree shape with arms sticking out of a circumferential ring of fat. And I feel slightly nauseous.

"This is Tim Flannagan." I say to Johanna and feel shocked at myself in the dream. Me and some fat Irish man? What in the world?

They exchange some pleasantries and Tim waddles away.

"So what do you do with yourself these days?" Johanna asks me.

"Well, nothing really. Tim is really rich so I'm just a housewife." I reply and feel horrified at myself.

"Let's go to the LV shop then!" She suggests.

So we go to the Louis Vuitton shop in the city and Johanna says she is looking for a red bag to match her mother's red shoes. As she is browsing the bags, I see the world's most hideous necklace. It is made out of several circles of stone, a fungal shade of black-green. I pick it up and can see some bile coloured swirl inside the stone.

As I am staring at the yellow swirls, my alarm goes off.

No comments:

Post a Comment