Tuesday 1 January 2013

2012 ->2013

As the clock ticked into 2012, I was at Kirsty and Dev's house, where a whole bunch of us in various states of drunkenness had an all night-long water fight. It started in a semi-civilised way with water guns, then there were water bombs everywhere, and finally multiple garden hoses were dragged out. Everything was soaked and bunny Joey had to be packed away for fear of drowning. Shortly after midnight I was dumped unceremoniously in the pool by a bunch of residents, and whilst there decided that 2011 was a great year of fun!

As the clock ticked into 2013, I was struck by how different it all was. In some ways it was exactly the way it was before I went to Darwin - a quiet little gathering, lots of food and laughter.. I was happy, but at the same time I missed the randomness and craziness of 2011.

There was not very much random about 2012. I went to work, I learnt lots of things, and that was basically the end. In between I met up with friends, ate lots of food, played music and occasionally travelled. It wasn't a bad year, but it left a strange after taste... of boredom.

I need something else to happen in 2013. Bring it on.

Delirious with durian, NYE 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment