Tuesday 22 January 2013

Dream: when cows are extinct

(This was the first dream I had in 2013)

In this dream, cows have become extinct all over the world, and thus milk no longer exists. I am working for the Chinese CIA-equivalent secret service, and I receive a brief on my next mission to a certain unnamed Pacific island where there is allegedly a geriatric cow still living.

I fly to the island, a tropical paradise with white sandy beaches and gently swaying coconut trees. Somewhere in a village of scattered thatch roof huts, I find a wrinkly old cow, somewhat malnourished with folds of skin hanging low. I convince the owner to give me some of its milk, which I dutifully store in an empty 2L Dairy Farmers container.

I open the brief which tells me my next instructions. I have to drink a sachet of some effervescent drink, which cleans out my gut completely and gets rid of all the acid and bacteria. Then I drink the entire 2L of milk and it's supposed to sit in my stomach until I get back to China.

Next I am flying in a plane over the ocean, and land in a place called Clare with tin-roof buildings making up the airport. My brief tells me that this is where I will receive my next instructions.

While sitting in the tin shack, a girl my age comes up to me and says "我是奶牛 (I am Dairy Cow)". I take this to be my cue and stand to greet her. She tells me that I need to regurgitate the milk for her and she will take it away, but I suddenly become afraid that she is some type of enemy and refuse. She doesn't object and instead tells me she will take me to Hu Jintao.

We get back on the plane and she sits next to me in the emergency exit row. She whispers in my ear that when the plane is skimming down to very close to the ocean, that will be our cue to open the emergency exit and jump out. A ship will be waiting below for us. As the plane gets lower and lower, I think about the consequences for the rest of the plane's passengers once we have thrown out the emergency exit window. But there's no time and we jump out.

The next thing I know, I am back in my flat having already gotten rid of the milk. The phone rings and a man says on the other end that I am in danger because someone has found out about the milk mission. He asks me who I have told about it, and I say no-one. The only person that knows about it is Dairy Cow, and I feel disappointed that she has betrayed me because I thought she was a nice person.

I go to her house, and ask her if she has told anyone. She says that she is a loner with no friends, and definitely did not tell anyone else. I suddenly get the feeling that we are being watched, and we start scouring her apartment for any taps. After searching high and low we finally spot a little black disc inside a ceiling ventilation grille.

"We have to get out of here, now we are both in danger". I say to her and we get ready to leave. 

And that is when I wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment